Monday, January 30, 2012

Snow, Sun, a Baby & Spring Fashion Fun

 Graz today: the first snow of the season

Welcome to the Graz Weather Channel.  That's all I seem to talk about on here these days.  The winter doldrums really get to me, though, esp. come late January and February.  We had our first snow this morning, which was actually pretty since it was accompanied with some bright sunshine.


Oh, and yes, I'm having a baby!  Thanks for all your kind comments and well wishes.  He or she is due in August. 
  Would you like to see a German tinkle stick?

This means we will probably be moving back to the States (we're not sure where yet) within a month or two of having our first child.  Hey, we like to shove it all in at once.  Get married, honeymoon, move to Graz three weeks later.  Moving back?  Let's be 8 months pregnant around that time to ease things along!

No, we are thrilled.  (My stomach isn't and it's trying to take me down with it, but I won't let it.  This nausea business is not my idea of fun, happy preggie time.) (Ok, so I am letting it get the best of me at least 3 times a day when I complain.)

So, to enjoy the sun, sprinkling of snow and to get some much needed walking in, I went to get some color therapy at the stores this morning.  I haven't been shopping in months and have been sporting black leggings (was again today) and some sort of long, dreary top for about 2 months now.  It starts to get old and make you feel like a dumptruck.  (Throw in an expanding waistline and you're screwed.)

I like the red family.  Coral, pink, red, orange....come to mama.

Fun and bright and pretty good quality for an H&M trench, but not loving it.

Had to go up a size (grr), but this was my only purchase.  Best quality?  Nein.  Fun to throw on over jeans and a white top (my spring staple) for some pink polish? Sure.

Some other fun spring items I spotted on Anthropologie.com:

love it

I saw this on Pinterest almost a year ago and loved it.
Now I might (if it's a girl) have a reason to get it!

16 comments:

Amy said...

Did you know we are finally getting an H&M in Houston? It's going to be in baybrook mall so it won't be close, but I may have to check it out. Cute pink blazer. I love me some color! That onesie is wondey!

Belle said...

Oh, congratulations and best wishes on both the baby and the move. We will definitely miss you on this side of the pond!

Juliette said...

I was liking that H&M trench the other day myself...I'm just too much of a Goliath for those sleeve lengths though!

Judy Seré said...

Carolyn, I wondered why you weren't blogging so much and now know the happy reason why! We are so happy for you and Art. And, of course, you'll chronicle everything every step of the way--such fun for us to follow you!

molly b. said...

Stop it!!! A mini Caro or Arturo?! This makes my heart so happy for you, friend. And the German pee stick? Love it.

Hugs all around.

Kim aus Kanada said...

Love the pic of the path in the park. Bet it would awesome in black & white too! I'm also on the hunt for a new trench in a sassy colour...looks like it's time to hit the stores!

Sara said...

Congrats!!!!!!! I've been following this blog for a while now and seeing that you're going to have a baby made me want to run and tell everyone! Haha. Best of wishes on that! Why not keep the baby in Austria and let him or her enjoy the Germanic elementary schooling system? I hear its pretty awesome.

 Viv said...

Really love the colours in this post. It is summer here in Australia and I am loving the images of snow too. I've never seen snow in real life..!!

Erin said...

I am secretly hoping its a girl! Matching cousin onesies :) loving your picks, I pinned em.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Oh, dear Carolyn, what wonderful news! Congratulations to both of you! Hope you will feel great all along!
Wishing you an easy time, it is so special!
Why do you want to leave Austria? Do you feel more comfortable with the baby back in the States?

xoxo

Kate said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting!! I am so happy for you. Nothing is more rewarding...

Lori said...

Hi, I've came across your blog when googling about the health system here in Graz. As I have recently moved to Graz, without knowing any German, it's been quite difficult for me to understand things around here. I found your blog very useful and just want to say thank you and congratulations on having a baby.

Best,
Lori

Melissah from Scrapbook said...

Congrats on the baby news
x
Melissah

Rachel in Heidelberg said...

Love your Spring fashion choices, as usual you make H&M look like it comes from that super teuer department store ;p How cold is it? It's been -8C in the DAYTIME (sorry, don't know what that is in F) here, really unpleasant & no real snow (yet).

Altenpflege said...

Just stumble upon your blog.. Really enjoyed reading it.=D

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You know I love it so.
- Carolyn