Monday, February 20, 2012

Vienna im Vinter

A couple of weeks ago, I went with some friends to Vienna for the day.  At the top of the list was to see the Schönbrunn Palace as it's the #1 attraction in Vienna and I've never been.  It's the 1,441-room summer home of the famous Habsburg family.  And it's very Ro-coco.

Shyla and I in front.

The backyard.

It looks a bit different in spring and summer:


We then enjoyed a nice lunch at a very Viennesey restaurant:


and all split our first Kaiserschmarrn for dessert.
The Habsburgs used to eat this for dinner.

 Crepey/pancake puff with bites of carmelized sugar and a side of plum sauce.
 
 Pretty soon I won't be able to jaunt to Vienna for the day with my girlies. :(



then walked around, shopped and had a coffee at the Sacher Café before driving home in the snow.


Auf Wiedersehen, Wien.

{Photos courtesy of Shyla and Kim. Danke!}

9 comments:

Kim au Kanada said...

It was a fun day with y'all! ;-) Let's do it again when it's warmer and while we can!!!

Cat said...

Ooooo, beautiful pictures! I'm jealous. Must go there one day!

Kristen Rogers said...

Gorg! You look great, Tiks!

Unknown said...

Daily News Updateswonderfull pictures and nice information sharring here i cannot see a such type of better information hope you share more thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I ran into your blog while exploring Graz. Love seeing things from another perspective. Also like your culture shock section a lot. I used to live in Vienna over a decade but now I have come back for research in Graz. If you'd like to meet some time for a coffee, get in touch.
Cheers!
Visda

Restaurant Brugge said...

really amazing post thanks 4 this post

PWT Sports Racing News said...

Beautiful pics Thanks for sharing

PWT Health Tips said...

Wow Great photos .. so beautiful :)

A Life Un-Styled said...

Such beautiful photos Carolyn!

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You know I love it so.
- Carolyn