Friday, August 3, 2012

Settling In

It's been a busy two months since our move to Pittsburgh.  Catching up on work, childbirth classes, buying a car, learning our way around, and mostly setting up house and home.  For having nothing when we arrived, I'm proud of our progress. 

I love doing this and I've been in turbo-nesting mode, but my bank account and physical state have forced a stopping point.  I'm sorta over it too.  Now it's time for baby.  I mean...come on out little lover!  Nursery is pretty much ready to go except for the glider which should arrive soon. 

When we first got here, I was a bit taken aback by the worn down state of our place, but it's grown on me...and once you add some love, the character here comes out.  One of my favorite parts being the fireplace. 


 I did purchase the grapewood branch and I think Art was like "oh, nice, now you're buying sticks."

The porch is another fave, which pup enjoys as a lookout point as well.  I've invested in a bench glider for baby time out here.  Will possibly plant some flowers (for the first time in my life) in those planters this weekend.


So, we're here and waiting...
and we could be on our buns for a month doing so.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I love the mantel styling! The stick really makes it, good buy. Cute Elsie lookin for her rabbit, too.

melissa said...

I think it all looks very cozy and a perfect place for Alexander to come home to.
Love,
Melissa

Cat said...

beautiful and home-y! now, we want to see the nursery! ;)

Monica said...

The apartment looks gorgeous! You really did a lot with it. Love your style :-)

Unknown said...

Watch out Interior Designers, Carolyn is in da house....how you doing girl. Not long now. Hope you got my payment and things are well with you both. Love Art's comment about buying sticks, I could just picture him saying that too. Miss you lady.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You know I love it so.
- Carolyn