Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Salzburg at Christmas Time

Salzburg is such a pretty, quaint town (could do without the Mozart madness) and they definitely do it up right for Christmas.  It was Sarah's favorite city...not hard to see why.  We Christmas marketed, took a trip up to the fortress, wandered around the beautiful cathedral and ate, drank and window shopped, of course.

(The only thing that could have made it better was some snowfall.  This is the driest winter this area of Europe has had in 140 years...read that somewhere.)



















7 comments:

molly b. said...

I want to be there with you!

Those wreaths are beautiful.

Erin said...

I agree, i love those wreaths. Christmas in Austin is not quite so magical feeling.

Kim aus Kanada said...

Wonderful pictures!!! (Did you take them or did Art? Not to imply anything but I know Art was with you and is a leetle fanatical about his camera...so just innocently wondering...)

Carolyn said...

Thanks, Kim. I took them with my Canon point and shoot and had to lighten a lot in Photoshop hence the grainy ones.

Carolyn said...

Thanks, Kim. I took them with my Canon point and shoot and had to lighten a lot in Photoshop hence the grainy ones.

Niki said...

Great pictures. I especially loved the 11th one. Beautiful view!

24-studen-betreuung said...

OH my! such a wonderful pictures.. looks absolutely a wonderful place.=D

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You know I love it so.
- Carolyn