Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Slight Difference in Reading Material Too


After dinner at night, you can usually find both of us on our laptops...

Art in his office reading something like this:

Photobucket

or working on this:

Photobucket

and me in the den lounging on the couch looking at this:

Photobucket

or something along these lines:

Photobucket

Stark contrast, huh? Am I making myself look bad here? Oh well...I do take four hours of German every morning at the crack and come home and grocery shop, cook dinner, clean and do more German, so these things fill my creativity/humor need for the day. There's not a lot of that in the German language you know.

Art provides me with humor as well. Most of you don't know that he can be quite funny and unengineerlike. And if he does something that gets a really good laugh, you can bet he'll do it a lot for the next couple of months until I have to say "Get some new stuff, K?". Seriously...I never do that. It's usually crazy off-the-wall faces or funny ways of saying things in our-made-up-Germanglish at just the right instant that send me over the edge. I can not let this go uncontested, so I do something even more crazy to make him laugh...until it's all just a little out of control. We need to get out more. I'll go find some more friends on a blog.

5 comments:

1richtungsblog said...

Hi Carolyn!
Just tried to call you. Do you have time tomorrow?
xo Anita

Cathy McConn said...

Great peek into leisure time. And most of us can definitely identify with one of you.....guess which one? 277 days until.....!

R. said...

Lonny is wondey.

Darren said...

Hi Carolyn.. Graz is my 2nd home.. My parents came same time from Graz to California in 1968.. You are so lucky to be there.. Have you made lots of Austrian friends?? what are you doing in Graz? AIMS.. or??? If you need any tips??

Darren

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

Oh my gosh. I'm soooo behind on reading your blog. It makes me beyond embarrassed. So I have been sitting here, reading every post and just loving it. Congrats on the new puppy. Oh my gosh!
Your story about getting your haircut is great, especially at the end where you're throwing a little German into your English writing. I can't possibly do that and still sound decent. But you? Hilarious!
I guess I finally had to chose this post to leave a comment because I think it's exactly how our house is right now. I'm reading your blog (errr I mean studying German) while Martin is tinkering with some schematics thing. Isn't being married to an engineer the coolest? ..no matter how goofy we seem when we compare what they're doing to, um, what we are?!
Katie

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You know I love it so.
- Carolyn