Monday, January 25, 2010

Art should really be behind the lens most of the time

Since my blog well is kinda running dry this week, like my throat, skin and eyes (people are saying this is the coldest, snowiest winter Graz has seen in a LONG time. Yeah, they said that when it rained for two months straight in the summer too. Somehow the bad weather is always 'so unusual'. Nice luck we have) we're going back in time to show you some of Art's old photos...mostly of his quaint, charming hometown: Charleston, South Carolina...where the sun shines, flowers bloom and Madras plaid adorns the masses.

As you can see, I should be handing the camera over to him most of the time...but I'm greedy and want to learn and hog it all to myself. And, you know how I was calling it the motherload? I saw that word in an article the other day and noticed it's motherlode...foolish. Shame on me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

His old beast of a car. A 1991 Chevy Blazer. We've tried to describe how big this car is to our Swedish
friends and they can't really comprehend.

Photobucket

I think I took these out of a car window when we visited Charleston 2 or 3 years ago. Not hard to tell
it's the work of an amateur. Still a great subject. I loved all the houses there.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Shrimp 'n' Grits, we love and miss you. - The Valentíns

Photobucket


2 comments:

Juliette said...

sure it's not 'shame on mich'? j/k freakin' dativ!

i grew up with summer vacations on Hilton Head, le sigh. I miss stopping in Charleston. My mom often made us cheese grits (with cheddar, of course). noch mal: sigh. i'm in dire need of sun and warmth, and preferably a beach on the side, so thanks for the voyeurism! =)

Unknown said...

Amazing photos, esp the reflection in the building and the one of the water! Thanks for posting. I'm from south Louisiana and the Charleston photos remind me of New Orleans - btw, happy Mardi Gras!

Nancy Hand

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You know I love it so.
- Carolyn