Friday, December 11, 2009

Food for Thought

Photobucket

Just thought I'd share an easy and tasty lunch that we have quite often here. When we like something in this house...we do it lots.

Photobucket

All you need is:
- fresh tomatoes (we get the small ones because they have more flavor)
- fresh mozzarella log of love
- lettuce (I use rucola which is apparently arugula)
- toasted bread (much betta toasted)
- oil & vinegar dressing
- pesto

They don't have too many dressings here in Austria...your pick of Creamy Joghurt, Russian or Italian. I make my own with olive oil and red wine vinegar with a dash of salt and garlic.

And there you have it. Your own tomatoes caprese sandy-wich.

10 comments:

paula said...

I want this today:)

Amy said...

very darbyesque post... with the pics of the ingredients! looks delish.

Anonymous said...

Pretty sure Ruccola is just Arugula.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arugula

Carolyn said...

Thanks Anon...I think you're right.

LindsB said...

log of love indeed, mozz is the best!

That looks delish!

1richtungsblog said...

not the "typical" Austrian lunch - reminds me of La Madeleine (loved that restaurant) - will try it out for sure! :)
xo Anita

brookes said...

that just made me salivate. wowie.

Angela said...

I like your sandwich. I think you have a fabulous camera. And you're my friend. :)

Kimberly said...

Hey! YUMMY. I am very into a blog I found and thought you might like..hopefully it wasn't you who i found it through. That would be embarrassing!
Easy and quick recipies...
www.thelittlekitchenthatcould.blogspot.com
enjoy

gina marie said...

of all the "cheap" mozzarella's St. lucia's is my fav!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You know I love it so.
- Carolyn