Thursday, September 2, 2010

Feeling Like Fall & Flyin' Far West

Photobucket
{All of these pictures are from last fall.}

This past week it's been pretty cool (and windy) around here. I've already busted out a fleece and my boots. It has even gotten as low as the 40's. I think fall time is in the air. Bring it on.

It was magnificent last year.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Fall is my favorite season...then spring, then winter, then summer.

Photobucket

I like fall because the action gets going again, the tree color-changing business never ceases to please my eyeballs, the air is cool and lovey, the clothes are awesome (I love wearing light jackets and boots..not the heavy, dowdy winter ones) and it means Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas are on the horizon.

Photobucket

Oh, by the way, today I BOOKED A TICKET TO GO HOME in early December for about 2 1/2 weeks. I haven't been home in well OVER A YEAR.

Photobucket

Lots of friends and family time. And I'll get to go to a friend's baby shower! I miss too many weddings and events like that being over here. And I'll get to experience American Christmas shopping madness again. And gorge on Mexican food!

I'm perked.

6 comments:

Juliette said...

word to Fall. Do you not just adore the Kürbiskremesuppe? (tell me you've had some, I know they make it in Austria, too!)

congrats on getting to go 'home' in Dec! Sooo nice to get some time back on your old stomping grounds!

The Tulley Family said...

Booking a flight home is the best feeling!

Erin said...

SO PERKED FOR YOUR HOMECOMING. i'm planning on just bunking up with you at meem's house. k?

Kimberly said...

Dang, 11 hours sounds dreamy. We are pushing 27+. Ouchie. Everything is relative.
I really miss seasons going in the correct order and matching with the right months. Sounds fab.
Congrats on going home. It will be "wondy." Be selfish though- you kind of have to have the 'if you want to see me, you have to come to me' approach. 2.5 weeks is shorter than you think.

Julie said...

Think you could dry ice some Houstonian tex-mex and sneak it in your carry on? I'm willing to pay big ;-). You'll have to give Houston a big 'ol whoo to the hoo from me!

Alison said...

Fall is my favorite season, too, especially here in the Alps. It's such a cozy time of year and the colors are beautiful. Enjoy the Tex-Mex in December - I'll be doing the same as I'm flying "home" to Houston for Christmas.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You know I love it so.
- Carolyn