Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Picnicking with our friends from England

The Monday after Easter is a holiday in Europe...something we didn't know until we went out into town and it was dead and everything was closed. We went out to Mariatrost, the nice suburbs 20 minutes from downtown, to meet our friends that moved here from England 4 months ago. I met Rachel in my English ladies club and her husband, Julian, is an engineer so he and Art get along well. They have two boys, Joseph and Ben.

Their house...

Rachel and Art

Mariatrost Basilica



Every inch of the ceiling is painted

There's a Best Western up there...kinda random.

Our walk through the mountains.


And the beautiful view. I felt like singing "The hills are alive..."


Art and Julian

and some geese and goats




3 comments:

Amy said...

Love the Austrian suburbs... that house is so charming and could be a great feature in Cottage Living! Seriously, the churches over there are beautiful. Glad you had a good Monday holiday... miss and love you sis.

Amy said...

ps... what is up with putting 8 new posts up in one day... i almost didn't look down and see there were more new ones. :)

Kimberly said...

Hi Carolyn! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I love yours too! Looks amazing but it would be difficult with not speaking the language. Marc speaks German..
I hear you about paying more for ketchup. Stinks! I'm going to start carrying a portable bottle in my diaper bag. :)
keep in touch and good luck.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You know I love it so.
- Carolyn